Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Charles Demar

This is a band that I saw one singular time and they completely blew me away, and then I never saw them play again.

I have nearly no information on the band.  I know that drummer Dave Patrikios was in Milhouse and Greensleep.  I think that the singer may have been in Greensleep, but that's not a fact I'm sure of.  I saw them play with Inside, Promise Ring, and Code Red at the Lindenhurst VFW in September 1997.  I kept trying to track them down afterwards but next I had heard Dave Patrikios went on to World/Inferno Friendship Society.

I didn't even know that they had recorded this 7" call "La Corrida Del Toro" until doing some digging recently.  It's awesome.  It's still blow-your-face off, hard rock stuff that I can hear bits of Chavez, Hot Water Music, Kerosene 454 or Supertouch, although the band described itself as a mix of "Garden Variety, Drive Like Jehu and Van Halen."  There is some incredible playing on these tracks.

John Stendrini went on to Federale and Rope, Dave Patrikios played in World/Inferno Friendship Society, The Realistics and a host of other bands and is currently a member of The Checkout Girls, Marlon Sporer played in The Occasion, and Nick Chacona has went on to DJing.

The download is for the "La Corrida Del Toro" 7" plus two more songs that were recorded during that session and were not released.  All of these songs were ripped from the band's myspace.  There is evidently an earlier demo as well... but good luck finding that.

Charles Demar - La Corrida Del Toro + More
http://www.mediafire.com/?7ubcprppmct73s5%20

Go to the myspace here: http://www.myspace.com/charlesdemartheband

No comments:

Post a Comment